Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed To Grocery-Shop Alone

So, it's a Saturday afternoon, and I'm bored. So I decide to walk up to the nearest Starbucks (there are three within my walking distance) because I'm currently addicted to their iced-tea. More specifically, I'm addicted to always getting a grande black unsweetened shaken lemonade iced-tea. They are delightful, and I feel like a real Starbucks customer by ordering something with thirteen syllables.

So, I try to do some homework. Starbucks is the new library for me. After I give up, I decide that I'll head over to the grocery store, which is right by the Starbucks. I'm craving some Sunny Delight. It's a delightful (get it?) chaser to my lemonade iced-tea. So, I go in, ready to head to the juice aisle and pick a little pint bottle of Sunny D. But it is apparently 99 cent day (which I did not know happened at grocery stores), so I naturally have to roam all of the aisles to find what deals I can. Here is what I finally chose:

1. A big huge bottle of Strawberry Kiwi Gatorade Rain. I haven't had Gatorade Rain in three years. But it was 99 cents!

2. A bag of dry bow-tie pasta. I've never even made pasta in my life, unless Kraft Macaroni And Cheese counts. Which it totally should.

3. A two-liter bottle of Sunny Delight. 88 cents! It was such an awesome deal. A little pint bottle would have been a dollar. I don't know how to do any math or pint-to-liter conversions, but it was just the coolest deal ever.

4. A package of five toothbrushes. I currently already have three toothbrushes in my room. But this was a pack of FIVE! And they are totally multicolored. So worth the dollar.

Fortunately, I only had a five dollar bill with me (and no credit cards), so I couldn't embarrass myself by buying another 15 toothbrushes. But I also had my eye on some pudding cups and cream cheese. 99 cents! I would spend 200$ on deals.

I wish I wasn't 20.

ORIGINALLY POSTED: APRIL 4, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment